Professor Sarah Vickerstaff and I work on a project called “Internalised and gendered ageism and disableism and its consequences for labour market participation of older workers: a mixed method study“ (2019-2020). More information about the general project can be found here and a specific website is live here.
Current or upcoming
- Sarah Vickerstaff and I are organising a stream for the Gender, Work & Organization 11th Biennial International Interdisciplinary Conference (because of Covid-19 delayed to 2021): Transforming Contexts, Transforming Selves: Gender in New Times (organized by University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, now a virtual event). All the calls for abstracts can be found here (the stream of Sarah and me is number 22).
- Sarah Vickerstaff and I participated in Virtual policy event: The overlap between ageism and ableism in the workplace on 28 January 2021. Recording of virtual policy event on the overlap between ageism and ableism in the workplace is now online. This contains a short presentation as well as returns after breakout-room sessions to talk about some questions regarding these topics. Also, we co-written a policy brief based on our research and this event: https://ilcuk.org.uk/enabling-age-at-work/, which was picked up by media.
- Webinar: Ageism, ableism and the coronavirus, organised by ILC-UK. This webinar was on Thursday July 9, 2020 and can be watched back here: https://ilcuk.org.uk/webinar-ageism-ableism-and-the-coronavirus/
- Sarah Vickerstaff and I organised a symposium on Ageism for the GSA in Austin Texas. The symposium was on Saturday November 16, 2019.
- I presented at the ESA CONFERENCE 2019 IN MANCHESTER / UK. To see the session I presented in, see here.
- I presented at the BSG conference 2019 some results of first studies on internalised and gendered ageism.